How to Succeed in the “I Eat Raw Food” Conversation – Round # 1 [VIDEO]

New Balance

Enjoy Round # 1 of this cartoon parody that I created poking fun of the the stereotypical conversation that each and every raw food eater has to encounter several times each and every day…

Also See : How to Succeed in the “I Eat Raw Food” Conversation – Round # 2
Dear Reader : What does your daily Q & A with your people include ?

CartoonCartoon

Latest Comments

1. amber says:

hahaha fantastic Jeff! How did you make this? Another question I get is “aren’t you cold all the time?” …hmmm yes, but thanks to you I have some techniques up my sleeve!

2. Don Bennett says:

I’ve been teaching health creation and the healthy raw food diet for many years, and that is indeed a typical conversation. I just wish the writer had used a term other than “guru”, as that CAN make it sound like a weird “new age” cultish thing to some.

1. coolvegetarian says:

Hi Don: Very valid comment thanks. I debated with this one a lot and considered using ” teacher, coach , or friend instead”. I settled on “Guru” as i think that too often in the health and personal development movements we give too much power to those that help us and show us a path and do not listen to our intuition. So I wanted to poke fun at us raw foodies too and hopefully shed a light on that as well. Thanks for sharing !!

3. Misery's Fence says:

When I used to work at an office, most of the feedback I got on my diet was actually positive. My usual lunch was a huge salad of baby greens with lots of colorful fruits and veggies (strawberries, blueberries, apple chunks, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, colorful bell peppers, etc.) and nuts/seeds (walnuts, almonds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.). I must say my salads were quite visually appealing, and the majority of the comments I received were along the lines of “you always eat so healthy, I wish I could!” Of course, I would tell them they can indeed eat healthier (even if they don’t adopt a raw vegan diet), but most people really didn’t want to hear it. :-(

Love and Light,
    Miz

1. coolvegetarian says:

Yes its true. People always look at my food with admiration, envy and glee. However they usually do not take the next step of doing it for themselves and often launch into the same 15 questions that we get from everyone: protein, iron, energy, etc… great comment ! Thank you *

4. bananababe17 says:

this is awesome! i’m gonna share — hope that’s ok:) i swear i’ve had this exact conversation!

1. coolvegetarian says:

Thanks ! And yes please share with the world. The more the better * Also stay tuned for the sequel to this cartoon spoofed conversation part 2 coming up soon :)

5. jordan says:

The only argument I haven’t seen in this video is the cost of a raw diet. It seems like something that would be quite expensive. It’s not uncommon for a raw foodie to eat 10lbs of food a day. Most fruits and veggies are somewhat expensive. For example… 2lbs of strawberries is about $6, 1lb of broccoli $1.50, a 350g bag of spinach about $3.00…. not to mention the high costs of exotic things like seaweed, coconuts, hemp, avacados, etc. I sort of worked it out and it would cost me close to $20 per day to go totally raw…. as opposed to a standard vegan diet for me which is about $10/day.

Eating grains (quinoa, bread, rice, whole grain past, oats), legumes (beans, lentils, etc) and tubers (potatoes, squash) make up a good portion of my diet and are all really cheap compared to fresh fruits and vegetables.

I’ve always wanted to go raw, but it seems the cost is preventing me right now. I’d say though that about half of my current calorie intake is raw.

Is it also possible to be a raw vegan that drinks coffee and tea? I love my esspresso and green tea. Stuff like green tea and Yerba Mate are quite healthy in themselves